Name: Vincent Rowlings
• Mother cheated on his father which caused their marriage to end
• When Vincent was 9, he came home and caught his mom and her lover in bed together.
• He hid in a closet with a camera and watched his parents arguing and then witnessed his father murder his mother. When his dad left, Vincent went and sat by his mother’s dead body for an entire day until he was found. This caused permanent psychological damage. He kept the tape of his mother’s murder to himself.
• He developed OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), and his behaviors include: must open and close doors three times, wears different slippers in every room, obsessive color coordination, can’t touch foreign objects unless he has a napkin in his hand, and more.
• He began killing women who looked similar to his mother, in 1998, once a year during the spring months. He would stab them and record the deaths with a video camera he had installed in his glasses.
• In 2007, he murdered a woman named Joyce Wolcott in her yard, in front of her blind son, Stan.
• When Stan was put in foster care, Vincent befriended him through a mentoring program, and because of the influence the boy had on him, Vincent didn’t kill anyone in 2008. Then in 2009, Stan’s foster mom told Vincent that they would be moving soon to California. This caused Vincent to kill again, but because of his relationship with Stan, he felt remorse and was less violent with his victims, only stabbing them once.
• Vincent then kills Michelle Watson and writes the number 29 in red, and “HELP ME”
• Later, a woman comes to Vincent’s door asking if he would videotape a wedding, but he says he doesn’t do that anymore. Then, on the news, a sketch of Vincent appears and the woman recognizes him, forcing him to stab her and later dump her body. When the BAU finds her, they believe she was killed accidentally because she does not fit the victimology.
• The BAU talks with Stan who tells them that the night of his mother’s murder, he had gone outside, and found his mom by the sound of her moaning and had sensed someone else there. He knew that the killer had seen him.
• Vincent is then seen walking down the street when two guys approach him. One of them threatens him with a gun and Vincent stabs him, and the other one shoots Vincent through his waist.
• Vincent goes home, not killing the other guy, and changes clothes and stuffs his wound with leftover sandwich bread, and then wraps his stomach in plastic wrap.
• when the team interviews the guy who shot Vincent, he tells them that he was making clicking noises with his tongue, which he had learned from Stan. The team rushes to Stan’s house, finding him missing.
• Vincent and Stan are in a car, and Vincent tells him that his mom’s killer probably saw something in Stan and that’s why he didn’t hurt him.
• the team eventually tracks them to a local fair, where Stan and Vincent are on a ferris wheel which stops at the top. Vincent explains that he saw his own mother die, too, and then that Stan helped him to “see”. Vincent then asks Stan for forgiveness and then closes his eyes.
• when they get back to the bottom, Morgan takes Stan and realizes that Vincent had bled to death.
• Stan asks if Vincent was his mother’s killer….and figures it out when Morgan says nothing.
Season 4, Episode 22 “The Big Wheel”